Established in 2005, LogicManager is a rapidly growing software company and leading provider of Enterprise Risk Management solutions located in Boston’s Seaport Innovation District. This is an opportunity for a finance professional seeking a management career path and join a dynamic company that’s recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal, certified as a Great Place to Work®, and named a Best Tech Work Cultures by the Timmy Awards.
About the Position
We are seeking a Finance Controller to oversee key areas of the Accounting & Finance functions such as US GAAP accounting, oversight of monthly close, and reporting. This will be a highly visible and strategic role. To be successful in this position, you should be detail-oriented and self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Manage all accounting operations including monthly financial close, and reporting
- External reporting
- Manage compliance and tax
- Support semi-annual and annual audits and filings
- Manage and ensure accounting policies, procedures and controls are followed in compliance with GAAP guidelines
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement change to increase efficiency, and streamline workflow and controls
- Ensure internal/external reporting is accurate and consistent
- Maintain good corporate relations with customers, vendors, banking institutions, auditors, tax accountants and others
- Evaluating and managing the direction of financial accounting activities
- Selection, performance management, and development of direct reports and of the accounting staff
Desired Skills & Experiences
We are looking for individuals with the drive to succeed in a dynamic, high-growth business environment. We value employees who are creative, energetic, proactive, and intelligent in their thinking and actions.
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to connect with senior-executive colleagues and manage external financial reporting
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 8+ years of relative experience
- CPA preferred
LogicManager heavily favors promoting from within. Candidates will have opportunities for advancement to higher levels of responsibility, well ahead of industry standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.