Commissions Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Key to success is effectively designing, communicating, implementing, and administering variable compensation plans across the company that accurately incentivize, measure, and reward performance for our fellow Toasters. Given the importance of this task, we are expanding the team that drives these initiatives to build a best-in-class variable compensation program, and as the Commissions Analyst, you will be a key member of that team.
You will work cross-functionally to administer Toast's variable compensation plan which includes monthly earnings calculations, communications, and analytics. Beyond the day-to-day, you will also participate in plan design and documentation, playing a key role in crafting the "user experience" for all plan participants. You will gain invaluable experience assisting with the ongoing development of the sales compensation structure and process. In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact across the entire sales organization at one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the US.
About this roll *:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all commission plans across the sales organization and be able to effectively communicate calculations and rationale
- Calculate and validate monthly variable earnings accurately and on time according to current compensation plans
- Maintain commission tools and reference data, including employee and commission plan information to accurately pay variable commission; regularly update relevant systems consistent with plan objectives
- Partner with Finance, HR, and Sales leadership to continue to develop and fine tune commission plans by providing strategic financial insights and recommendations
- Communicate effectively with plan participants when they have questions, and regularly train plan participants on the structure of their plans
Do you have the right ingredients* ?
- 1-3 years of Sales or Finance experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (you don't need a mouse), including the use of macros and experience working with large data sets
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to be a self-starter, work independently, and the initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Effective communication and analytical skills, be team oriented, and have confidence in collaborating with colleagues at all organizational levels
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience is a plus
- Systems skills, with experience in cloud-based financial systems and tools such as Salesforce, Xactly, Callidus, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or similar and Knowledge of SQL, Python, R, or similar are preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.