Capital Markets Analyst
Financial Statement Optimization (FSO) is a new team within Financial Planning and Analysis composed of professionals with diverse backgrounds in actuarial science, capital management, consulting, investment banking and tax planning, among other disciplines. FSO is responsible for identifying and executing opportunities to optimize MassMutual’s financial position and results and to create enduring value through capital management transactions, reinsurance, tax planning and similar initiatives. FSO is a vital partner to MassMutual’s enterprise strategy, corporate development and competitive market intelligence team.
The Capital Transactions and Structuring Associate will sit within FSO and help to support the origination and execution of capital management transactions, including capital markets (e.g., surplus notes) and structured transactions, and developing and maintaining a capital management ‘tool kit’. In addition, there will be opportunities to support other important CFO initiatives, including the development of an enterprise-wide capital budgeting and allocation framework.
Things move very quickly at MassMutual and especially within Financial Planning and Analysis, and so the Capital and Transactions and Structuring Associate must be able to 'roll with it'.
- Approximately 3 years of professional experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, actuarial science, economics, finance or related discipline
- Preferred: knowledge of insurance and reinsurance transactions
- Understanding of accounting, corporate finance and capital markets
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis with understanding of financial statement analysis and modeling
- 'Problem solver': articulates, conceptualizes and solves problems with available information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resilient team player
- Can juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Puts in extra effort when needed to meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Remains calm under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Able to travel between Boston, MA and Springfield, MA as needed