Capital Markets Analyst at MassMutual
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Capital Markets Analyst to join our Financial Statement Optimization team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Capital Markets Analyst you’ll have an opportunity to help support the origination and execution of capital management transactions. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like:
- Support CFO initiatives, including the development of an enterprise-wide capital budgeting and allocation framework.
What your days and weeks will include:
- Support capital markets (e.g., surplus notes) and structured transactions
- Develop and maintain a capital management ‘tool kit’.
The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Approximately 3 years of professional experience
- Understanding of accounting, corporate finance and capital markets
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis with understanding of financial statement analysis and modeling
- 'Problem solver': articulates, conceptualizes and solves problems with available information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resilient team player
- Can juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Puts in extra effort when needed to meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Remains calm under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Able to travel between Boston, MA and Springfield, MA as needed
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, actuarial science, economics, finance or related discipline
- Knowledge of insurance and reinsurance transactions