Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Under supervision of the Billing Manager the Billing Supervisor will oversee a team of 4 Billing Analysts. This crucial CG position will lead all customer facing aspects of the billing process. This includes taking customer phone calls, updating invoices, providing relevant documents, processing payments, explaining billing policy and ensuring proper routing of incoming requests. This position will work closely with many different departments at CG and will require excellent communication skills, attention to detail and cross-departmental cohesion. This role is very customer service focused, you must be comfortable with phone support.
What You'll Do:
- Grow and scale the customer facing side of the billing function
- Full ownership of managing, organizing and improving SalesForce case queues (billing requests and cancellation)
- Ensure proper distribution of incoming non-billing requests to the correct departments
- Prioritize case work as needed during busier periods and serve as a point of escalation
- Manage a large volume of billing requests and billing adjustments
- Oversee a team responsible for taking inbound customer calls (billing related) and be able to triage busy times of the month
- Work with internal CG departments (Sales & Sales Ops) to solve billing and system related issues
- Serve as the point of escalation for all billing issues
- Lead the mission to provide the best customer experience to CarGurus internal and external customers
- Support the implementation of a new billing software in efforts to increase process automation
- Encourage and support a positive and efficient team dynamic
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with case management in Salesforce is preferred
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort supervising employees in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software quickly
- Experience in AR/Billing a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.