Billing Representative at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for a Billing Operations Representative to support billing processes related to Toast’s Payroll product. The position will play an integral role in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. You will join a dynamic team, and help define crucial processes that allow us to bill our customers accurately, efficiently and effectively. We are a collaborative team that takes our work seriously and has fun doing it.
Bready* to make a change?
The Billing Representative role is responsible for the daily billing operations for Toast’s Payroll product. This is a challenging opportunity that requires problem solving and the ability to record high-volume, complex billing transactions. This role will involve significant interaction with internal partners including: Sales, Business Operations, Customer Onboarding, etc.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Accurately invoice and charge customers’ monthly fees
- Conduct weekly audits of customers billing set ups
- Post customer payments, refunds, and deposits by recording ACH transactions
- Respond to customer and internal billing inquiries and follow through to resolution
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the billing process
- Assist in monthly close tasks including account reconciliations
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- General knowledge of billing and accounting
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to communicate status check-ins with leadership
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Applicable accounting, billing, collections experience
Secret sauce* (Bonus Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration
- Experience working in Quickbooks, NetSuite, SalesForce, or other similar SaaS (Software as a Service) based ERP (Enterprise resource planning) and CRM (Customer relationship management) systems
- Experience in Excel
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.