Billing Operations Manager at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is seeking a Billing Manager that will own the development of a world-class billing operation as we grow to a $500M ARR company. This new leader will work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, and Product Management to scale our billing platforms, drive operational excellence, and support new pricing and business initiatives. Your vision, strategy, and process improvement skills will ensure we can provide an amazing customer experience to all of our Klaviyo users. This is a high visibility role that directly impacts our customers, revenue growth, and profitability.
The Billing Manager will be part of the Finance Organization and report directly to the Head of Shared Services. It’s an incredibly exciting time for our team, as Klaviyo continues to tackle new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment. Come join us and help create a delightful experience for our customers.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Coach, mentor, and lead a team of 2 employees in billing operations and collections; scale 3X over the next 18 months.
- Manage communication with cross-functional teams including Accounting, Legal, Sales, Customer Success, and Product Management.
- Implement process improvements to enhance efficiency & drive scalability; frictionless onboarding, improved billing experience, streamlined customer FAQ, refined SLA’s, and operational playbook.
- Business owner of our billing roadmap; partner with Product Managers to help design, support, and upgrade tools to improve customer experience & operations.
- Represent team in larger cross-team initiatives which involves supporting requirements gathering phase and project launch.
- Build-out analytics & reporting to measure success through KPI’s and provide visibility to leadership on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
- Review prepared monthly billing schedules for accuracy and completeness for our 400+ contracted (manually billed) customers during month-end close.
- Review and interpret complex pricing contracts and determine pricing structure procedures.
- Act as the business approver for large customer refunds, discounts, and credit memos requested by the Klaviyo organization.
- Help drive data management/governance of our contract information and pricing calculation.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of progressive responsibilities in a SaaS industry.
- Experience in hiring and developing great teams in billing/AR, pricing, operations, finance, or a similar discipline.
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Index Match, Sum If, etc.)
- SQL experience preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to influence and partner with business colleagues throughout the organization to solve operational challenges.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the business.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience.
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.