Billing & Collections Specialist - xtraCHEF at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The xtraCHEF by Toast product line is centered around the restaurant back office. Through products like the AP Automation, Inventory, procurement and bill payment, we help restaurant operators manage their food cost and improve productivity.
Are you bready* for a change?
We are looking for a trustworthy Billing and Collection Specialist to ensure the company tracks and collects debts consistently and correctly. Your job will be important for safeguarding our revenues. The goal is to ensure the company charges its customers appropriately and collects payments in a timely manner.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage and track incoming payments and account statuses
- Handling customer questions and resolving billing issues
- Collaborating with finance and sales professionals to maintain accounts receivable
- Ensuring customers are billed correctly for services offered
- Communicate with customers to answer questions
- Request payment of pending debts in a firm yet considerate manner
- Negotiate payment arrangements when needed
- Keep accurate records (customer information, received payments etc.)
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Knowledge of billing and collections
- Attentive to detail and goal-oriented
- High comfort level with initiating engagements with customers over the phone
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Experience working in QuickBooks, SalesForce, or other similar SaaS-based ERP and CRM systems
- SaaS subscription billing
- Restaurant accounting and finance understanding
- Customer Service experience is a plus!
*Bread puns encouraged but not required