Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Billing Collections Specialist role will report to the Billing Collections Team Lead and is responsible for the daily billing collections operations. This is a challenging role that requires problem-solving and the ability to record complex billing transactions. This role will involve significant interaction with customers as well as internal partners including; Sales, Business Operations, Business Systems, etc.
About this roll*
- Ensure collection of invoice totals from Toast’s customers
- Provide weekly reporting related to past due accounts and give recommendations for resolution
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure customers and their internal contacts are aware of outstanding balances
- Perform proactive reach-out to customers
- Post customer payments, refunds, and deposits by recording ACH and credit card transactions
- Review and follow up on customer outstanding balances
- Respond to customer account inquiries and follow through to resolution
- Ensure timely responses to all collections inquiries
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the collections process
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- General knowledge of billing and collections processes
- Attentive to detail and goal-oriented
- High comfort level with initiating engagements with customers over the phone
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to empathize when faced with situational challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Experience working in NetSuite, SalesForce, or other similar SaaS-based ERP and CRM systems
- Customer Service experience is a plus!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.