Chewy is hiring a Associate Director, Pricing in our Boston, MA office . The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated general athlete and problem-solver who can bridge departments to guide automation and core operations for Chewy’s Pricing Team. As an Associate Director in Chewy’s Pricing team, you occupy a unique role at the intersection of business, technology, finance, statistics, data mining, and analytics to deliver end-to-end solutions that drive value for millions of pet parents. You will use quantitative and qualitative data to uncover key insights that determine the strategy and prioritization. You will provide clear business and technical requirements, partnering closely with design and engineering to deliver new features that delight our customers. As the CEO of your product(s), you will wear many hats: you will own recurring core pricing tasks, continuously measure performance, optimize for key success metrics, stay close to the customer, anticipate roadblocks, make tradeoffs, and take all necessary actions to elevate the customer experience and drive business value.
What you'll do:
- Work across business leadership, internal stakeholders, engineering, and data science to define and deliver the tools and automation to support our strategic competitive intelligence and pricing priorities.
- Define, document, and prioritize requirements, ensuring operations’ continuity and excellence. Deliver on time and on budget while ensuring continued monitoring of key performance metrics.
- Able to manage sophisticated analytical exercises to drive actionable insights, outcome, and business decision-making in the fields of Pricing and Promotions.
- Able to think big, participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years in eCommerce or B2C product management
- Strong business acumen with a passion for managing recurring pricing tasks while building automation for pricing features and capabilities.
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Bias for action - both strategically and tactically.
- Analytical skills with experience turning data into actionable insights - experience with SQL and Tableau and statistical tools.
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- Cross-functional leadership experience with the ability to develop teams and lead them to success. EQ to be a team player while still driving results.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- MBA or advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, or related disciplines.
- Experience with pricing best practices, price promotion and demand elasticity models.
- Experience with customer segmentation and customer behavior analysis.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]