Accounts Receivable Analyst at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Accounts Receivable Analyst will be responsible for supporting daily Accounts Receivable processes across CarGurus. The position will be essential to the CarGurus Customer’s experience and ensuring that accounts are accurately updated. Our ideal candidate will have experience with cash application, electronic payment review, and reviewing Accounts Receivable aging reports.What You'll Do:
- Post and reconcile all payments via lockbox upload
- Supervise and post customer payments received by check, wire, and credit card
- Review AR aging and work with our Collections team on account maintenance
- Review reporting from our merchant provider. Process payment settlements, chargebacks, and returned payments
- Review and record stopped check payments from customers
- Review electronic payments to identify rejections and the reasons for those rejections
- Assist with bank reconciliations and bank transaction matching for all incoming cash activity
- Perform analytical and ad hoc reporting as required
- Review Customer credit balances and ensure accurate application/refunds
- Perform month-end balance reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Provide information for monthly key performance indicators
- Assist in special projects as required
- Strong proven understanding of Accounts Receivable operations and payment processing
- Experience with banking platforms and incoming payment products (Lockbox, BAI2 files, Electronic Bank Statements)
- Quick learner and self-starter who can work independently and Agile within a start-up environment
- ERP experience required. Zuora and or Netsuite experience a plus
- Experience with electronic payments and working directly with merchant providers
- Experienced serving internal and external customers
- Confirmed understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and reconciliation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Most important Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.