Accounts Receivable Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Under supervision of the Accounts Receivable Manager this exciting new role will participate in all aspects of the customer cash application and payment process. This position will work closely with many different departments at CG and will require excellent communication and cross-departmental cohesion.
What You'll Do:
- Apply daily cash receipts to customer accounts
- Research discrepancies and complete credits/adjusting entries
- Work with customers to identify payments received without remittance
- Process chargeback entries including posting, researching, analyzing and resolving
- Perform payment runs to initiate payment from customers
- Perform detail transaction reconciliations related to cash in
- Work with banking and payment processing tools
- Contact customers when payment issues arise (declined credit card, invalid bank account etc)
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for, properly posted and to maintain customer account health
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software quickly
- Experience in AR/Billing/Cash Application a plus
- NetSuite, Zuora, and/or SalesForce software experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page