Accounting Manager at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Accounting Manager position will lead all aspects of the financial close team, working closely with other cross-functional groups such as accounts payable, revenue, SOX and SEC reporting, and FP&A. This individual will ensure timely reporting of financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis to the Executive Team, ensure compliance with GAAP in technical accounting areas such as ASC 842, share-based compensation, and other sophisticated judgments and estimates. Then you can demonstrate a strong ability to interpret and apply accounting principles in accordance with U.S. GAAP, provide significant reviews and feedback within their team as well as cross-functionally, and demonstrate effective team/project management.What You’ll Do:
- Manage the month-end close process
- Review month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review the monthly financial reporting package for the Executive Team
- Support the external audit processes, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit
- Manage the application of accounting policies in accordance with GAAP as new business activity arises
- Manage statutory audit requirements and filings
- Review and support the preparation of Forms 10-Q/10-K/8-K in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements, as well as financial disclosures within earnings releases and other communications
- Provide technical accounting expertise and oversight in accounting areas such as ASC 842 leasing, share-based compensation, intercompany accounting and consolidation, and SAAS revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Ensure accurate execution and documentation of internal controls
- Optimally mentor and lead all aspects of a strong team, demonstrating the ability to prioritize and execute monthly tasks as well as ad hoc accounting or business matters that arise
- Provide accounting support for ad hoc projects and Company initiatives
- Driven and motivated great teammate ready to join a fast-paced exciting Company and robust team
- 6+ years of total accounting experience
- 3+ years of Big 4 public accounting preferred CPA required
- Technology/SaaS and public company experience highly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Strong team leader with a demonstrated ability to execute on public company timelines
- Eager to learn, challenge norms, and identify process improvements through automation or redesign
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.