Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for all expense areas relating to the day-to-day accounting functions of the Company. This position maintains accounting principles, internal controls, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The ideal candidate will be disciplined and process-oriented with a high level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity. The role demands a highly organized and detailed individual that is capable of contributing to day-to-day transactional processes while managing a team and long-term projects.
- Ensure an accurate and timely 5 day close for US and Canada operations;
- Perform analyses on general ledger reconciliations to ensure journal entries have been recorded in accordance with GAAP and ending balances are correct;
- Audit & approve invoices, journal entries, etc. to ensure proper GL coding;
- Work with International Controller and various functional leads to achieve accurate monthly reporting for North American and international subsidiaries;
- Partner with FP&A to analyze, and rectify if necessary, budget to actual variances;
- Coordinate and support annual financial audit;
- Manage all tax compliance items: income tax, sales tax, franchise tax, property tax, annual reports, census reporting, etc.;
- Compile data needed for annual business insurance renewals;
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practice;
- Support Controller and VP Finance with ad hoc projects and analyses as required.
- Work with a team of Staff/Senior Accountants to establish goals and objectives on a quarterly basis; coach and provide feedback on progress to enhance team’s professional development;
- Responsible for the accuracy, review and adherence to policy of the following staff performed functions: accounts payable, cash applications, employee expense reimbursements, equity transactions & cap table management, sales tax administration and payroll.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting required;
- Proven experience as Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller or other similar position;
- 6 to 8 years’ experience; software/tech industry preferred but not required;
- Private/public accounting mix desirable.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principle (GAAP);
- Attention to detail and problem-solving expertise;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required; strong sense of urgency;
- Exceptional work ethic;
- Customer-service focused (dealing with both internal and external stakeholders);
- Hands on (this is a player/coach role);
- Strong Excel capabilities;
- Intacct accounting software (or other SAAS-based ERP solutions) experience a significant plus; familiarity with other enterprise solutions: ADP, Concur, Coupa, Shareworks, and Ultipro an added bonus.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.