Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Accounting Team at CarGurus is looking to hire an Accounting Co Op to join our team! You will gain accounting and financial reporting experience in a fast-growing public software company. This is a full-time, paid, Spring 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from January 2022 - June 2022.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting close activities, such as preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the tie-out of quarterly financial statements
- Gain an understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Monitor and test SOX controls
- Shadow various team members who have experience in different accounting roles (i.e. accounting close, financial reporting, SOX, revenue)
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Seeking to acquire CPA license
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and motivation to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.