Accounting Co-Op at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Accounting Team at CarGurus is looking to hire an Accounting Co Op to join our team! You will gain accounting and financial reporting experience in a fast-growing public software company. This is a 6-month paid Co Op opportunity.What You'll Do:
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting close activities, such as preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the tie-out of quarterly financial statements
- Gain an understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Monitor and test SOX controls
- Shadow various team members who have experience in different accounting roles (i.e. accounting close, financial reporting, SOX, revenue)
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Aspiring to obtain CPA license
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and motivation to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.