Accountants - Revenue Operations at Nuance
The selected candidates will report to the Sr. Revenue Operations Manager and work closely with other members of the Accounting and Operations team as well as other groups, such as Sales, Operations Managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting and Order-To-Cash teams.
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders to review estimates of activity monthly.
- Review and record estimates and actual revenue entries in general ledger.
- Prepare and/or review detailed reconciliations of associated balance sheet accounts and P&L activity.
- Assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives and monthly analysis of revenue, deferred revenue, costs and deferred costs.
- Analyze and explain variances from expectations on account balances and transactionalactivity.
- Analyze data in Oracle, RevPro & Power BI.
- Import and export large amounts of data from reporting systems, perform analytical reviews and prepare memos for senior management monthly.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
- Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
- Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
Education:Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
Work Experience: 3+ years of experience in either public accounting or corporate accounting within a publicly traded company.
- Strong accounting background including experience performing journal and general ledger entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Goal / deadline oriented
- Must be detail-oriented andhave the ability tomulti-task and prioritize
- Possessing a process improvement mindset - problem solver
- Ability to work extended hours as needed, particularly in the weeks before and after a quarter close
- Experience working with Financial ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP)
- Extracting and analyzing data from financial systems - Flux analysis
As a federal government contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, most U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted approval for a medical or religious accommodation by Nuance. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.