Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. The Vice President of Engineering reports directly to the EVP, Development & Technology and will work closely with the Product Management team. In this role you will lead a comprehensive organization through SmartBear’s next phase of innovative products. In this role you will lead combining some of the more advanced SaaS based products under one umbrella. This includes leading the team responsible for the design and build of new solutions, as well as developing and executing our infrastructure engineering and architecture strategy. This role will be key in transforming and evolving SmartBear’s suite of products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and develop an exceptional engineering team that delivers with high velocity and quality
- Lead and thrive at the junction of business, product, technology, and team challenges
- Drive product creation and scale existing solutions
- Implement state-of-the-art in product DevOps capabilities to optimize efficiency and a high level of performance
- Define KPIs for multiple Agile teams
- Own and deliver your roadmap
- Work with business leadership to develop multi-year technology and product roadmaps to ensure ‘one vision’ for execution
- Ensure effective communication across multiple teams and products
- Craft and execute best-in-class product development processes
- Inspire, make tough decisions, and get things done
- Focus on solving customer problems and adding value
- Actively work with customers, field teams, and cross-functional product teams to deliver valuable solutions for customers
- Apply data-driven methods to inform decisions about products, technology, and teams
- Knowledge and experience with public and private cloud technologies – AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, Modern Front End frame works – Angular and React
- Experience in SaaS based company with a multi-product portfolio
- Drive transformational business change in a comprehensive and challenging environment
- You have successfully recruited high performing teammates
- History of successfully leading engineering teams across multiple geographical locations and product
- Experience leading teams in a high cadence of development and strong operational practices which can span over multi-year horizons
- Know how to build and improve engineering groups that work on a spectrum of new and creative products
- Demonstrated project management and presentation skills
- Proven ability to generate decisions through data
- History of collaboration with interdisciplinary technical leads to make strategic product decisions
- Has brought multiple software products to market
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in engineering leadership roles having managed teams of 30 to 50 people
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Equivalent
- MS preferred
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.