VP of Enterprise Applications Development
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Our team is a highly visible, cross-functional group passionate about building and integrating all internal applications, systems, and processes across the organization. The VP Enterprise Application Development will be responsible for leading a team of engineers as they build out software workflows and tools, working closely with business-unit stakeholders to identify process changes and define reporting requirements and automation to help our internal business run smoothly and efficiently not only today, but be ready for the challenges we will face in the future. Successful candidates will have an eye for process improvements and can help inform decisions pertaining to how software solutions can support existing business processes and recommend changes to business processes when appropriate. CarGurus is experiencing rapid international and domestic growth and this role offers the opportunity to deliver business critical solutions to a variety of business units (sales, marketing, finance, HR, etc).What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of developers, project managers, and business systems analysts with diverse experience and expertise
- Gather current needs and pain points from business leaders and managers and translate those needs into software solutions
- Create solutions that solve business needs with a combination of off the shelf products and custom solutions
- Ultimate Responsibility for all custom code across multiple cloud and hosted systems including: Salesforce, Zuora, NetSuite, Docusign and more.
- Define best practices for Enterprise Application Development as the team and organization scales
- Help develop our growing Project-Management-as-a-service function within the organization.
- Ensure any critical issues with business software is resolved by the team in a timely manner.
- Drive technology strategy and influence business stakeholders on strategic product direction
- Develop a technology governance model and implement by leading architecture reviews of technology initiatives
- Ability to conceptualize and develop alternative solution approaches, articulating the benefits and tradeoffs of each solution
- Strategize and lead efforts to integrate enterprise systems between CG corporate and newly-acquired companies.
- Ability to communicate technical and business strategy with c-level/senior level executives.
- 10+ years of experience developing Enterprise level applications (solid understanding of CRM platforms such as Salesforce a strong plus!)
- 4+ years of management experience leading a teams of software developers, project managers, and business systems analysts.
- Ability to determine software development team needs and help hire engineers to fill those needs
- A strong collaborator that is passionate about operational efficiency through strategic analysis of business processes and change management.
- Expertise in SQL and various data storage platforms
- Experience in JSON, REST API's, Web Services
- Strategic, cross-functional thinker and problem solver
- Ability to integrate across multiple cloud based platforms
- Experience with Implementation of software across multiple countries a plus!
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.