As a member of our R&D team in Burlington, MA, you will join a team of bright, fast paced professionals. Our team ensures the development, quality and production of a critical platform for states, counties, cities, corporations and individuals. We are smart, innovative, and ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
What you'll do:
- As Vice President of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for the following: Providing technical leadership, building a cohesive and high performing team and partnering with other leaders across the organizations. Some highlights include:
- Keep a strong eye on the customer’s needs, with a focus on providing long-term value.
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive team with a focus on career development for all individuals
- Evaluate and ensure the technical effectiveness of the platform - scalability, maintainability, cost to deliver, and operability.
- Mentor Managers, Directors and senior technical contributors to achieve balance between speed to market, architectural excellence, and maintainability with a focus on company ROI.
- Develop a partnership with senior technical contributors, including the Chief Architect, to influence and help implement the technical vision.
- Incorporate feedback from managers and individual contributors into overall team vision.
- Build partnership with other Engineering, Operational, and Product leaders
- Have trusting, coaching relationships with team members. Motivate, set expectations, and help team members to work together so that the team is highly productive and collaborative.
- Work with superiors to plan and evaluate the team together.
- Able to create and execute long-term plans
What you'll bring:
- Engineering degree and 15+ years of progressive experience with SaaS based applications
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage distributed teams globally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to understand and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences ranging from C-level stakeholders to individual contributors
- Strong experience with agile software development processes and understand techniques and tools to drive successful projects and deliverables.
- Metrics driven hands-on management style.
- Familiar with tools like Jira, SoapUI, and Jenkins, deployment technology like Salt or Kubernetes.
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read Full Job Description