Vice President of Engineering-Distribution Services at EverQuote
The VP of Distribution Services Engineering is the CTO of an internal start-up: responsible for design, build, and delivery of technical capabilities to power agencies, and the integration of these capabilities into a seamless, delightful experience that drives rapid adoption and loyal use across a wide variety of deployment scenarios. This person will partner with the business GM to aggressively manage talent, hire the best engineers, and bootstrap the platform through the development of APIs and integrated tools. They will serve as a mentor and coach for engineers and engineering managers, empowering them to be independent owners of functional areas. They will drive local decision making, putting an org structure in place that scales well over time. Then they will fill that org structure with the best talent. They will communicate their vision and partner with Product to build a roadmap. They will be proficient at communicating up, down, and across. They will develop and drive toward appropriate measures. Their organization will become an engine for business value and innovation.
Who you are:
- A strong team leader and people manager. You are able to lead and inspire a cross-functional team through strong relationships with team members, with stakeholders and with management.
- A technical pro. You’ve built platforms before. You’ve made important mistakes and learned from them. You can design systems and own difficult technical decisions. You know how to find and grow technical talent.
- An excellent communicator. You proactively communicate technical decisions and progress in order to build trust in and for the team.
- You care about data. You are passionate to help and enable every employee at EverQuote to make data-driven decisions at every step of the way.
- Together with senior leaders, you are able to set and instill EverQuote’s execution and operational vision for all of engineering, evaluate new opportunities, and drive continuous improvement of quality and throughput.
- Experienced in working across many levels; this is both a strategic and technical role, balancing hands-on execution, coaching, and influencing/thought leadership at the highest levels of the organization
- You care passionate about execution. You are able to estimate, balance resources, and plan to ensure stable operations and best-in-class execution across all of engineering.
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data
- Our company is profitable & established. A “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Growth mindset culture regularly seeking to reflect and improve
- Genuinely “data-driven”, with analytics at the core of the company
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.