Technical Lead, Security Engineer
Here at LevelUp, a Grubhub Holdings Inc. Company, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Our Technical Security Lead will act as a part of the engineering team and ensure that we maintain high security standards throughout our technical infrastructure, applications, and processes.
We are a team of smart, motivated engineers that place a high value on craftsmanship and the security and scalability of our infrastructure. As we grow and take on the exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development and scaling our services to support greater volume and more clients, we’re looking for a talented engineer to help us maintain a high standard of security across our platform.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Work closely with the development team to build an expert understanding of the architecture and operation of our platform to fully validate our security model and protections
- Manage external compliance audits
- Investigate and respond to third-party vulnerability reports
- Provide support for internal security-related projects to facilitate best practices across the company
- Proactively recommend practical software and operational security improvements
- Facilitate any software or operational modifications needed as a result of security audits or vulnerability reports
You Should Have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience with Bachelor's degree in related field, or 8+ years of relevant professional experience; experience in a technical Lead role preferred
- Extensive knowledge of security best practices for web software and cloud infrastructure
- Software Engineering experience; bonus points for Ruby on Rails (or other modern web framework) development experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.