Tech Lead / Lead Frontend Engineer, Consumer at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ Consumer Products team is hiring a Tech Lead / Lead Frontend Engineer. The Consumer Retention team at CarGurus is focused on building out cutting-edge experiences which are optimized for performance and used by millions daily. Project examples include: Personalizing the returning user experience, optimizing subscriptions, and building and scaling push notifications and emails. Come help us solve hard problems and make the CarGurus user experience the best in the industry!
What You'll Do:
- Drive projects and initiatives through the full development lifecycle: design, code, test, deploy, monitor
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and technical leadership to the team, with the possibility of managing a team in the future
- Offer significant strategic vision to improve the consumer experience
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product across the organization to understand and solve technical challenges
- Contribute to roadmap definition
- Have a say in architectural design decisions and technology selection
- Collaborate with your colleagues in a lively, easy-going atmosphere
Who You Are:
- Detail oriented leader who makes data driven decisions
- Proficient at developing well-structured, performant web applications
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Skilled in common UX patterns, accessibility, and cross-browser, cross-device implementations
- Excellent collaborator with proven experience working in a cross-functional team including Product, Design, Analytics
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose direction
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zones, to evaluate and work with new technologies
- Biased towards action and automation
Please keep reading…
We know imposter syndrome is real and many folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you are interested in this opportunity, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still apply! We'd love to get to know you and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.