SVP, Engineering at Vestmark, Inc.
Vestmark is seeking a Senior Vice President of Engineering to lead all aspects of software engineering including development, QA, Testing Automation and Architecture. You will be responsible for driving engineering transformation and ensuring operational excellence using Agile Scrum methodology in a SaaS environment. You are expected to be a strategic thinker and innovator while mentoring a team of engineering leaders to broaden their skills. The SVP will work closely with Product Management to create new solutions and maintain current products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Drive professional development and leadership of teams
- Implement and ensure software engineering best practices for development and quality assurance
- Implement and document strategic architecture vision and tactical direction for engineering teams
- Lead highly scalable cloud-based systems development
- Lead large Agile development teams
- Establish strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology leaders across the company
- Partner with Finance to monitor budget forecasting to ensure engineering operations are on track and within budget
- Create and implement deliverables/objectives and performance goals for the engineering organization
- Continue to drive architecture and technology modernization of products into the cloud
- Conduct and lead governance and project status review meetings
- To have executive influencing skills, exhibiting experience in working in a cross functional environment
- At least 15+ years of proven experience in a leadership role managing and building effective engineering teams in a SaaS environment
- Must have a deep experience with and understanding of software engineering best practices and continuous improvement
- Must have experience migrating software to public clouds
- Executive presence is imperative; he / she will interact with an experienced management team, and will be asked to serve as a leader and culture carrier within the broader firm.
- Strong organizational planning and financial planning skills which include collaborating closely with finance to monitor the budget and keep projects on track.
- A proven leader with significant experience scaling teams who are hard-charging, motivated and who exceed their goals and targets.
- A confident and experienced leader who can constructively challenge assumptions, develop efficient processes, and drive a commercial mindset throughout the organization.
- A humble leader who checks their ego at the door and can effectively serve as a player-coach by doing whatever it takes to drive success.
- A dynamic leader who can work with expediency to attract, retain, and develop top talent to support and meet the needs of a growing company
- Loyal, highly sophisticated, positive, hard-working, energetic, and collaborative
- An extremely process-oriented, results-oriented, and organized leader
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related degree, preferably a Masters in Engineering
- Experience with financial systems such as Accounting Systems, Portfolio Management Systems and/or Trading Systems is very desirable.
- Strong communication skills; able to respond and exchange ideas clearly and effectively through writing, speaking, and presentations; shares appropriate information to keep people informed
- Teamwork – We before me-- Puts needs of the team first and aspires to bring out the best in others; collaborative, empathetic, and humble; values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participate effectively as a member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- Knowledge Explorer – Creative problem solver and adapts to challenges at hand using creative collaboration; curious, proactive, and resourceful; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions
- Positive Energy – Ability to address difficult situations with humor and sense of opportunity; approachable, constructive and engaged
- Own It – Ability to be accountable for results and follow through to completion.
- Drive professional development and leadership of engineering teams
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.