Staff/Principal Systems Integration Engineer at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Principal, Systems Integration you will be responsible for creating technical strategies and designs within a fast paced team of Integration Engineers and Analysts supporting the evolving business needs across the Toast organization. This is a unique time to join Toast as we invest in getting to our next stage of growth in supporting many customer segments, product lines and markets. The role requires taking technical ownership of various enterprise projects, working side-by-side with stakeholders across Toast(with teams in engineering, marketing, customer success, finance, etc.) solving complex problems focussed on improving experience across the customer journey. The role exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Hands-on contributions in designing, building, reviewing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating, monitoring, documenting, and maintaining - high performance, flexible, and highly scalable microservices and integration pipelines
- Develop an expert understanding of the Toast’s application ecosystem (CRM, ERP, HRIS, RevRec, etc) and a broad understanding of connecting them all together.
- Provide mentoring in best practices for enterprise integration patterns and designs. Review code to ensure that technical implementation meets functional requirements, as well as our high standards for code quality and testing.
- Partner with Toast Product Owners and Technical Leaders to understand the integration needs of our Toast Business Stakeholders. Map their needs to the Integrations stack and develop the enterprise integrations technology strategy / roadmap.
- Engage hands-on with integration and development teams to help them internalize enterprise requirements, design scalable solutions, and productize the prototypes. Ensure that our systems are performant, scalable, resilient and highly available.
- Develop prototypes of proposed enterprise solutions to evaluate the technical feasibility and fit.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong technologist with 8+ years experience implementing and supporting high volume integration projects involving complex and critical integration across disparate systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Well versed in integration technologies REST, SOAP, ETL, etc..
- Experience in collaborating with product owners representing Sales, Customer Service, R&D & Engineering and balancing competing interests and needs across the organization to define a clear roadmap for Integration deliverables
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, etc..)
- Lead by example, at times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, etc.
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience working with cloud based applications (Salesforce, NetSuite, RevPro, Workday)
- Familiarity with iPaaS and ETL applications (Workato, Mulesoft, Boomi, Informatica)
- Experience working with 3rd party development team
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.