Staff Software Engineer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
For many restaurant workers, tips are a major source of income. Restaurants have invented various ways of equitably distributing collected tips - also known as tip pooling - but these methods come with their own operational challenges. Join us to help restaurants save time out of their busy schedules by making it simple to configure tip pooling rules and pay their employees.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to play a meaningful role on a new and growing team responsible for transforming the way restaurants manage and connect with their employees. The team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Building new features and products
- Surveying and evaluating available technology options
- Actively contributing to product design and roadmap discussions
- Participating in code reviews
- Mentoring other team members
- Proficient in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.