Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Every restaurant is unique, and a restaurant’s menu expresses its individual brand and product offerings. Inside a Toast restaurant, the definition of the menu becomes the common language between guests, servers, and the kitchen. In our digital ordering products, a great menu serves as both a billboard and a roadmap to an excellent dining experience. A menu is always evolving: kitchens create new dishes, managers experiment with pricing and presentation, and staff optimize the menu for restaurant operations.
We strive to create products that will satisfy the vast breadth of our restaurants while making each restaurant feel like we built Toast just for them. We offer an extremely powerful and configurable platform, but we want to make sure that restaurants can figure out how to set up their first Toast menu with no questions asked. Come join our Menus team to help us deliver a great experience to our customers!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly resilient and scalable features in Toast’s menu management products
- Lead complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for our customers
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Extensive experience working with an Object Oriented Language like Java or Kotlin, with a deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Experience building backend services and APIs and scaling distributed systems
- Experience shipping critical production services and balancing getting things done with platform stability and reliability
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.