Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
We look for engineers who are passionate and ready to tackle some of the most meaningful problems in the industry—from building adaptive AI for bot-supported conversations, to designing next generation chat experiences, to bridging the gap between old and new ways to buy. You may be involved in creating infrastructure that processes billions of messages a minute to extracting buyer intent and priority for conversations. You could also build tools to trace and visualize any message ever sent so our customers can zero in on giving the best buying experience.
Who you'll work with
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities.
- Trevor Rundell, Director of Engineering, joined Feb. 2016. Trun is the go-to guy for anything tech or getting deep on a problem.
- Maggie Crowley, Director, Product Manager, joined Dec. 2017. Maggie & the team own our bot features and built the interaction flow we use today.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
Day 1 you will
- Use your onboarding time to learn how things work here and to practice writing and shipping software that makes our customers successful
- Start to dig in and get the basics down (all of our systems, how your laptop works, and make sure you have the right Engineering access)
- Learn Drift-specific systems, product information, and review paperwork (we have to get that out of the way).
- Have lunch with your Tech Lead and maybe your team
By the end of week 1 you will
- Get to know your customer - Every team at Drift owns a different area of the product and our Customers are a super important ingredient to how we build product!
- Have received a first look into Drift engineering systems, culture and product process through various conversations;
- How Product Works at Drift
- Engineering Path of Success/ Path of Failure
- Auth & Debugging at Drift
- Customer-centered Engineering
- Review of Drift SDLC
- Have transitioned from onboarding to your new team
- Have your local dev environment set up and you will have completed your First-day ship!!!
By the end of month 1 you’ll
- Meet all of your members from Design to Product and Customer Advocate!
- Work with you tech lead to identify the “small rocks” (aka Team Goals) for your first month along with any other goals.
- Also work with your tech lead to develop your list of personal/ professional goals.
- Get an intro to chat duty and how our CA team interacts with our customers on a daily basis.
- Ramp up by engaging in these product processes at Drift;
- Take ownership of a “small rock” from a 1-pager
- Contribute to story time
- Participate in a green-lit kickoff
- Write code toward your “small rock”
- #Shipyard a completed product
- Measure your impact!
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working on the frontend, backend, or anywhere it takes to solve problems and delight customers
- If you're exceptional in a few areas (ex: you're a CSS master or distributed systems guru)
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design & code and craft fantastic experiences
- Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]