Staff iOS Engineer, Marketplace at Indigo
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Indigo Marketplace is changing how food is produced and sold—in the U.S. now, and soon around the world. Today, growers don’t have incentive to grow higher-quality crops. In fact, since grain is commoditized, growers’ main incentive is to simply grow as much volume as possible. Our Marketplace flips the current model on its head by connecting growers directly with buyers and preserving crop identity. This means that growers get paid a premium for growing organic and similarly desirable crops.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Indigo Marketplace-Mobile team, you will work on building mobile applications supporting grain trading and support future expansion into a general agricultural marketplace for the industry. Your expertise in software interface design and architecture will help us deliver a best in-class mobile product suite that helps build a marketplace for grains, carbon, and other commodities.
- Be a part of a growing mobile team that is building mobile apps for Agronomy, Trucking, Finance, Crop Marketplace, and other product verticals
- Use the latest technologies to implement innovative solutions to solve some of the industry's oldest issues
- Take part in User interviews/studies to help define requirements, and work with product and design to build a cohesive user experience
- Collaborate with product managers, frontend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts, working to understand our users and deliver value to them while balancing technical and business tradeoffs
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability and following best practices
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You are a strong communicator
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self-awareness
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management
- 4+ years of professional iOS development experience
- You have worked in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have strong experience in one or more imperative programming languages. We work with a mix of Swift and Kotlin
- 2+ years of Swift experience
- Building iOS apps from the ViewController to the URLSession
Help Indigo improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health at a global scale.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.