Sr Software Engineer
Interactions is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate by transforming frustrating experiences into productive conversations.
At Interactions, we have created an environment that is based on innovation, quick-thinking and abundant growth opportunities. Our employees are smart, hard-working and invested in the success of the company. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking and innovation, and our ability to balance a start-up environment with a healthy work-life balance.
Working at Interactions is an opportunity to be part of the team that’s changing the way customer care is delivered.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Software Engineer. The Software Engineer plays a key role in designing and implementing components and features of the Core platform. The Software Engineer works in close collaboration with QA, DevOps, Product Owners, Professional Services, and in some cases third party software vendors.
- Contribute to the creation of a massively scalable, highly available SaaS platform.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Effectively communicate within and outside the team.
- Bring new technical ideas, in keeping with latest industry trends, to fruition by prototyping and then incorporating it into the Platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Four to five years of relevant experience including hands-on coding in Java and other JVM based languages.
- Exposure to all phases of the software Development Lifecycle, with an initial focus on implementation and testing key feature.
- Exposure to SQL, databases and other persistence technologies using Java.
- Proven ability in writing design documentation and using TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Experience with coding in Java and/or other JVM based languages (Scala)
- Experience with Spring and/or Spring Boot framework.
- Prior experience with IVR, voice technologies and/or protocols.
- Experience with high concurrency, multi-threading environments..
- Enjoy coding and solving challenging technical problems using computer science.
Interactions LLC is a leading provider of speech and natural language technology that enables businesses and consumers to engage in productive conversations. With flexible products and solutions designed to meet the growing demand for unified, multichannel customer care, Interactions is delivering significant cost savings and unprecedented customer experience for some of the largest brands in the world. Founded in 2004, Interactions LLC is headquartered in Franklin, Massachusetts with additional offices in Indiana, Texas, New Jersey and New York. For more information, visit www.interactions.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.