Sr. Software Engineer, Front-end
At PathAI, we're applying Machine Learning, Computer Vision and AI in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great product to build, and we recognize that a great, polished, engaging experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled and experienced senior level front-end engineer to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tool for the job. While we’re always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Build smart interfaces from comps, wireframes, and prototypes, faithfully representing the designer's intent while adding your own touch.
- Write clean and modular markup, flexible styles, and layer it within a great script framework.
- Care about accessibility and progressive enhancement while still pushing the boundaries of today's browsers.
- Integrate your front-end work with some server-side technology, such as Play Framework or Django.
- Work well with designers and back-end engineers, balancing team communication with focused time to GTD.
- Implement and exercise modern practices like code reviews, automated tests, continuous integration, and iterative development.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times, typically via five+ years of work in this field.
- Aesthetic. Your main tool may be code, but you should have a keen design eye and an ability to make strong design decisions in a pinch.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.