Sr. QA Engineer, Consumer at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As the Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer, you will play a lead role in transforming the way restaurants manage and connect with their employees. This growing team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Our products run on iOS and Android, backend services in Java. The web front-end runs on React, Redux, ES6 and Webpack. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java and NodeJS; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing.
About this roll*:
- Create and implement comprehensive test plans for new features
- Test new features and log defects as needed
- Collaborate with project team to triage defects, verify fixes
- Actively contribute to product design and roadmap discussions
- Lead as well as participate in test case reviews
- Keep current with tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Work with QA engineers and developers on strategy for testcase automation
- Assisting with triage of customer issues
- Act as lead for other members of the QA team
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Proven experience handling all aspects of QA on a cross functional team
- Ability to put together test plans and initiative to own the quality of multiple products
- Commitment to quality, user experience, and using your “get unblocked” attitude for continuous learning and problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Experience with manual testing of iOS and Android applications, as well as backend services that run both Node.js and Kotlin
- Skilled in integration testing of pre production backend services with pre production native apps
- Interest in automated testing for mobile
- Experience leading others through coaching and collaboration
*Bread puns encouraged, not required