Sr. QA Automation Engineer
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining our first-ever automation framework for native mobile applications on both Android and iOS, as well as web. These applications are used by millions of users who dine at these restaurants. As part of the Quality Assurance team, you will report to the QA Manager. Through automation, you will help ensure that the quality of our products remains consistently high, even as automation replaces certain manual testing tasks. You will work in an amazingly collaborative cross-functional team to make sure we are shipping the best mobile and web apps possible. You will work to integrate automated tests into an automated build system. You will also from time-to-time, only as needed, help with our build and release process.
This position offers a unique and fun opportunity to define, invent and lead our automation solution from scratch as well as provide input to improving our current build process.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with the Development & QA Teams to assess where and how we can best automate testing for our native mobile applications as well as web applications
- Design and develop an automation test strategy, resulting in a proven short and long-term ROI
- Implement a reusable automation framework for both web and mobile apps
- Decide on the specific tools to best reach our automation goals
- Create, develop and maintain automated functional and regression test suites for both mobile and web applications
- Implement and maintain a Continuous Integration process by which automated tests are regularly executed against builds
- Collaborate with the QA team as well as Build and Release Team to understand testing needs and gaps where automation can help in these areas
- Ensure high quality of the mobile and web apps that we produce
- Train other team members on Automation in an effort to continually improve overall efficiency and skillset of the QA Team
You Should Have
- 3-5 years of proven experience building automation frameworks and designing automated tests for native mobile and web applications
- Proven experience creating and maintaining automation frameworks in both mobile and web environments
- Extensive experience with automation tools such as Selenium, Appium
- Programming skills in Java, Python, C++ or other common languages
- Experience integrating automated tests into the build process using Jenkins, Bamboo or other similar build systems
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as Github, Perforce
- Experience with Jira or other bug tracking tools
- Effective Communicator, in both verbal and written communication, with the ability to translate complex ideas to simple explanations
- Collaborative team member who works well across teams
- Ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems
- Quick Learner and versatile thinker with ability to assimilate knowledge across different products, technologies and disciplines
- Familiarity leveraging cloud-based testing labs and solutions to execute automation suites on multiple mobile devices/web browsers a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.