Sr QA Automation Engineer-Platform
Headquartered in the Boston area, Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Leading global brands in a variety of industries rely on Interaction’s conversational AI technology to communicate with their customers every day.
At Interactions we are committed to transforming customer experience and passionate about the professional and personal development of our talented and enthusiastic team. We endeavor to create opportunities that advance the skills, interests, careers and lives of our employees. Come join our growing team!
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Sr. QA Automation Engineer who plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will have experience with automated testing practices and processes and be motivated to continuous improvement of our current QA environment.
As Sr. QA Automation Engineer you will learn the Interactions product platform in order to design, implement and maintain a functional UI and performance testing infrastructure. You will maintain and optimize the framework to handle larger scale under load and stressful conditions. You also will be responsible for designing, developing, and conducting tests and automation test procedures prior to product launches to ensure software quality, while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background, love developing QA processes and procedures, and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
· Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, logical and verifiable.
· Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
· Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
· Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and methodologies.
· Design, develop and document test automation and application frameworks
· Design, develop and document sophisticated test automation class libraries
· Help identify and implement testability features (such as detection mechanisms) in the application components under test
· Help to define, establish, and improve QA metrics across various platform components
· Provide mentorship and training to other QA engineers in coding guidelines/test
· Coach other Quality Engineers in best software engineering practices in test automation and design
- Enrolled in or have completed a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years as a QA Test Automation Engineer
- 5+ years coding experience in Perl, Python, Java or C/C++
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Experience with Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, MRCP, DNS
- A Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
- SDLC/Process Improvement
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit, and TestNG
- Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
- QA planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL