Sr Frontend Engineer, Hotels-on-web at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
About us: Hopper-on-web
We are a passionate team of engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists. Our team focus is bringing Hopper to the browser so we can offer new customers what our millions of app users love: cheaper, less-stressful travel. To achieve these goals we've built a team culture of which we're proud:User experience and measured user feedback dictate design, whether those users are customers or teammates.
We understand if we're not making mistakes we are neither learning nor pushing ourselves hard enough. We are relentlessly curious in seeking to improve our craft, whether through constructive feedback or attending dedicated training. Just as importantly, we encourage and remind each other to take regular time off for energy and wellbeing.
The ideal candidate has :
- 4+ years professional experience in frontend Web development
- Thorough understanding of frontend system architecture and design at scale
- Deep comfort with at least one frontend stack (ie: Typescript/React)
- Ability to quickly iterate on Web interface UI/UX and related design
- Thorough grasp of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Obsession with your users’ experience whether they’re customers or teammates
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
- Experience with mono-repos, server-side rendering, or micro front-ends
- Backend, platform, ops experience
- Passion for practical code patterns and architecture, especially testing
- A portfolio of thoughtfully-designed UI projects
- Curiosity, user obsession, and a love of collaborative, iterative innovation
What would your day-to-day looks like:
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Experiment with early stage/proof-of-concept web engineering projects, at scale
- Actively contribute to the design and improvement of web features and projects
- Help evolve our architecture, to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team and the strategic direction of the product
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description