Solution Architect, Geospatial
DataRobot is looking for a Geospatial Solution Architect with Data Science experience who is passionate about Geospatial to help build cutting-edge location-based technologies.
As a Geospatial Solution Architect on our Geospatial team, you will work with our Product and Engineering teams to design, plan, and test Geospatial software features. Your expertise in acquiring, cataloging, and querying Geospatial data will be critical to the success of the capabilities. You will also contribute to the design and development of all cartographic features and products on the platform.
DataRobot is based around delivering best-in-class data science solutions and this position provides the opportunity to build the key data science components of our system.
- Source, acquire, and catalog geospatial data for a wide range of industries and use cases
- Work with our UI/UX team to design and plan cartographic features within the DataRobot platform using cutting edge web mapping tools
- Develop and deliver custom geospatial use cases for our Customer Facing Data Science teams
- Use scripting, open source geospatial libraries and GIS to guide production Engineering in all aspects of the Geospatial workflow
- Build complex geoprocessing pipelines for use as templates in backend Engineering workflows on the DataRobot platform
- 5+ years of experience using GIS and web-based mapping application (e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, CARTO, MapBox, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with geospatial I/O and ETL tools such as GDAL/OGR, OGR2OGR, Geopandas, fiona, shapely, rasterio, etc.
- 5+ years of experience using Spatial Databases and storage formats such as PostGIS/PostgreSQL, SpatiaLite, Geopackage, geoJSON,
- Minimum of 1 year scripting experience using Python in a geospatial setting
Candidates can distinguish themselves with the following criteria:
- Experience creating geospatial design mockups using Figma, Adobe Illustrator, etc.