Software/Security Automation Engineer
About the Position
Are you a software engineer with a keen interest in security? Are you looking to break the traditional mold and apply your engineering skills in an innovative and unique way? As our Security Automation Engineer you will help solve our complex security and compliance challenges. You will bring together disparate data sources, leveraging internal and third-party APIs and/or building custom integrations to greatly increase our company's security posture.
About the Team
As a member of the information security, risk and compliance group, you will champion a unique cross-functional role, interacting with Automation Engineers, Security Engineers, and Compliance Analysts to solve unique security control automation problems.
- Design a robust and scalable security automation framework for storage, processing, and presentation of security KPIs.
- Work with automation engineers, security engineers, and security analysts to gather security automation requirements.
- Utilizing 3rdparty APIs and/or custom data sources, develop solutions to address security automation requirements.
- Independent thinker that ensures the timely completion of projects with high quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Go).
- Deep understanding of mathematics and statistics fundamentals.
- Basic familiarity with foundational security principles.
- Ability to utilize third-party APIs to build applications.
- Ability to write structured and clean code.
- Demonstrated experience with of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others.
- Proficiency in AWS CLI and Linux.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals and groups.
- Experience in full project life cycle and application development desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
About the Company
Our people solve problems. Our product saves lives. Our purpose is to keep people safe and business running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team supports over 4,200 global customers a day in their most crucial moments. During critical business events, public safety threats, and man-made or natural disasters, our software provides critical event management capabilities and communication applications to quickly and reliably deliver location aware, contextual notifications to millions of people across 100+ modalities.
As a company with a culture that is committed to “Making a Difference,” we are proud to serve 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, all 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. In 2016 alone, over 1.5 billion messages in more than 200 countries and territories were sent through the Everbridge platform. As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we’ll need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Do you think you have what it takes? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.