Software Engineering Manager, Growth at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• 2+ years experience managing 6-10 engineers in a cross functional team - Backend, Android and iOS engineers
• 4+ years experience in engineering or deeply technical roles
• Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing systems and APIs
• Demonstrated experience architecting secure, reliable systems, built to power innovative in-app experiences at scale
• Successfully championed documentation, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability
• Managed technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality
About the Job
A stellar opportunity to massively impact Hopper’s Growth! Join a rapidly growing company that is continuously redefining how people travel! The Growth team at Hopper is directly impacting Hopper’s rapid acceleration, and has been instrumental to doubling our valuation to nearly $2B in the past year.
Within the Growth business unit, our Incentives and Loyalty team is focused on engaging and educating both new and returning users. We're helping users more quickly derive value from a product that’s been used by millions of users. As an Engineering Manager, you will be directly responsible for our Carrot Cash product and the complex system of offers, credits and other rewards we’re building on top of it.
- Lead new architecture and implementation work for customer facing products and app experiences
- Collaborate with cross functional and cross discipline team members to refine an inspiring product vision focused on our customers
- Work hands-on alongside the team of talented engineers
- Rapidly deliver clean, responsive, scalable solutions in Scala, Swift and Kotlin
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a culture promoting technical excellence
- Provide mentorship and career guidance to engineers on the team
- Manage performance and development of a diverse team of engineers
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Base pay range
USD $162,500 - $205,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description