Software Engineering Co-op (Spring 2019)
Why 6 River Systems?
We’re a venture backed startup building a new generation of automation and fulfillment systems for e-commerce, retail, and third-party logistics operations. Life at 6 River Systems (6RS) is about creating amazing systems that solve real world customer problems. We create magic by harnessing the power of people, software, hardware and data.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and teamwork. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly meaningful problems. We believe that great work gets done in a positive, supportive environment. We don’t just accept difference, we support it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are as passionate about hiring people as we are about building awesome products. We are looking for exceptional team members.
As a Software Engineering Co-op, you would participate in the design and development of one of the projects listed below. You will have the opportunity to design and develop specific features or capabilities. You will work closely within the Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams on proof of concepts that are expose you to software engineering and robotics.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- are passionate about software engineering
- have some programming experience in C/C++ or other high level programming language
- have familiarity with NodeJS, Angular or equivalent web application development
- enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving
- have effective writing and verbal communication skills
- are able to take a collaborative approach, learn & work together within a diverse engineering team to successfully deliver on your responsibilities.
Some examples of software engineering co-op projects:
- Fulfillment automation related features and tooling
- Develop UI and/or underlying web services for specific product features & developer tools
- Prototype and develop web UI for robot mapping and robot management
- Work with QA to test and rollout specific features
- Using wheel encoders and localization data, develop and test automatic an online calibration system
- Work with deployment engineers to roll out of automatic calibration to a live customer site
Our offices are based in Waltham, MA with convenient public transportation access from Boston or Cambridge. We have built a lab for testing and customer demonstrations, a fully furnished workshop, comfortable office space, and a break room stocked with all the snacks and seltzer water you can drink! You’ll be asked to contribute on critical projects, present updates to the team, work on features requested by our customers, join in on our social events and be responsible for pulling your own weight!
We know the problem that needs to be solved; now we’re building the team to help us solve it. This isn’t just a cool technology idea or someone’s lab experiment. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground-floor of a very exciting startup. Push yourself to learn more than your peers in a field that has limitless market potential upon graduation!