Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ Consumer Team is looking for an Engineering Co-Op to help our users find the car they’re looking for as efficiently as possible. See your solutions impact millions of global users every day as you seek challenges such as:
- Improve search experience and performance for millions of users across millions of cars globally
- Make the car shopping experience enjoyable and more transparent
- Help users discover the right car for them
- Enable new ways of buying cars, such as buying online and having your car delivered
- Build out platforms to enable us to iterate faster and respond to our consumers quicker
This is a full-time, paid, Spring 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from January 2022 - June 2022.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a platform that processes millions of events daily in near-real-time.
- Improve our system that provides insights into how site changes impact SEO.
- Contribute to software that interacts with every request to CarGurus which helps inform us how users’ shop.
Who You Are:
- Interest in platform development, distributed system design, large scale near real time processing
- Familiarity with Java, OOP, and relational databases
- Experience with AWS is a bonus!
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.