Come join the LevelUp team in Boston to help build the next-generation growth engine for restaurants, connecting restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. And now as part of the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, LevelUp—together with Grubhub—is on the front lines creating an even more complete solution for restaurants.
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
Our Software Engineers sit on our Platform engineering team to build and maintain the core set of systems that power the LevelUp ecosystem, an online ordering interface and network of dozens of mobile payments apps (maybe even the ones you use to order lunch) and point-of-sale integrations. We are a team of smart, highly motivated engineers that place a high value on writing well crafted, thoroughly tested, and maintainable code. We’re growing extremely fast and are taking on the exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development while scaling our services to support higher volume and more clients.
Curious about current projects?
Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- What tools can we expose to give businesses new ways to excite and reward their customers?
- What partners might want to build on top of our platform and how can we make sure our API supports their needs?
- To support international clients, what sorts of changes do we need to make to our system?
- We’re in a period of very rapid growth - what do we need to do to make sure that our systems hold up?
- We generate a ton of data - what sort of interesting things can we do with it?
- You have 2+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework like Django or Rails
- You are a team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- You are a continuous learner and love taking on new challenges
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
What you could pick up by working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- Practice designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Solid relational database design fundamentals
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
Benefits & Perks:
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Charitable Matching Program
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
- Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)
LevelUp, a Grubhub Company, connects restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. LevelUp brings its technology to market in multiple ways: embedded into partner restaurant apps to provide a full-stack customer engagement solution; via an open developer platform that powers over 200 mobile apps; and through the LevelUp partner distribution channels, which lets consumers order ahead and avoid the line at their favorite lunch spots using the apps already on their phone.
Based in Boston, LevelUp is a part of Grubhub’s portfolio of brands and powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Chase Pay, Pret A Manger, Potbelly, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea and sweetgreen.
LevelUp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Come Join Our Team and apply online today!