• 2+ years professional experience in Web development - some strongly typed and/or functional-style (Typescript, Clojurescript, etc..) exposure preferred
• Understanding of Web system architecture, and design, at scale
• Ability to quickly iterate on Web interface UI/UX and related design
• A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
• A portfolio of thoughtfully designed UI/UX projects
About the job
Within the Growth business unit, our Web team is focused on bringing Hopper's award-winning travel offerings to the web and contributing to a product that impacts millions of users. We're looking for a web developer to contribute to these efforts and design, build, scale, and maintain web versions of our mobile products, and the underlying system architecture, supporting us as we scale.
In collaboration with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and data scientists you will break down complex problems, experiment with new ideas, iterate on world class UI/UX components, and help integrate them with partners and partner services. Your contributions will be broad, and you’ll be expected to nimbly move across our tech stack. You’ll be building out end-to-end prototypes and tests for product features and ideas, inventing, iterating on and applying our latest frameworks to help optimize user experience on the web.
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Experiment with early stage/proof of concept web engineering projects, at scale
- Actively contribute to the design and improvement of Web front end UI/UX features and projects
- Help evolve our architecture, to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team and the strategic direction of the product
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.