Software Engineer in Test (SET)
Carbon Black is seeking smart, energetic, and technically curious engineers to join our team and help us deliver high quality, cloud based endpoint protection for macOS!
The PSC product’s MacOS team is looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) with strong programming skills to expand the automation coverage on the sensor side of our product offerings. As an SET on a Scrum team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement automation frameworks as well as create test suites based on those frameworks. You will also be able to use programming skills as an integral part of the development team to fix bugs and work side by side with other engineers. If you are a technically curious programmer with a passion for testing this role will provide you ample opportunity to grow professionally and make a meaningful contribution.
What You’ll Do
· Build and expand test infrastructure and automated test suites for the sensors in our product suite
· Collaborate with developers to find and fix bugs in the source code of our products
· Work with manual testers to identify and automate cases that can be automated
· Tie tests into the continuous integration framework, managing, monitoring, and reporting on continuous and nightly test runs
What You’ll Bring
· Minimum 5 year experience in Quality Engineering with at least 2-3 years focusing on test automation and test framework development
· Minimum 2 year experience with Python (Proficiency with C/C++ is a bonus)
· Strong technical test skills with a demonstrated track record of adopting and effectively using new tools and technologies
· Strong Mac and Linux skills, knowledge, and experience (including command line and shell/batch scripting)
· Kernel level testing/programming experience in a Mac and/or Linux environment a plus
· Experience with source control management tools, preferably Git
· Experience with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins)
· Experience with distributed enterprise level applications (client/server)
· Experience with network security, and general familiarity software security concepts, challenges, and paradigms a strong plus
· Experience working on an Agile team a strong plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.