Software Engineer in Test, Platform Delivery Engineering at DataRobot
DataRobot changes the way users build and deploy highly accurate machine learning models.
We use a hybrid testing strategy that combines humans and automation to get the best of both worlds to develop the highest quality data science product on the market.
Our QA Philosophy at DataRobot is one of Quality “Assistance” rather than assurance; Quality is not injected by QA engineers, but rather is a team effort. QA engineers focus on empowering every engineering team to own the quality of their code and ensure adequate test coverage for new features by leveraging a smart test automation frameworks.
Do you want to work on delivering a high quality, world-class AI-enabled Platform? A platform that has the ability to empower anyone to quickly and easily build AI applications? Do you want to develop applications and tools using Python? Are you comfortable CI/CD and Jenkins? If so, come and experience our strong engineer-first culture, and strengthen your skills working on challenging AI and Systems problems.Responsibility
As a Quality Engineer in the Platform Delivery Engineering Domain, you will:
- Review technical specifications and help development teams develop test strategies, to ensure we deliver a high quality platform for the DataRobot AI and ML application
- Develop automation to ensure we effectively and efficiently test new features existing features of the platform.
- Build tools to review results of automated tests, analyze failures and report issues
- Communicate with product and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and product testing objectives.
- Create tools to automate test coverage of new features and provide suggestions to development teams to improve their quality
- Spec and build tools to improve Product Quality team efficiency
- Be an active member of the software development team, suggesting improvements of the processes to improve the quality of the product and performance of the team
Successful candidates will be passionate about delivering high quality software, test automation, initiative-driven, and self-directed.Main Requirements:
- Strong object oriented programing skills: Python preferred
- 3+ years of professional software development or quality assurance experience with enterprise applications
- Experience with developing and maintaining complex end-to-end system test testing methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environments built around Jenkins
- Experience with test management tools, (TestRail), automation servers (Jenkins), version control software (GitHub, Bitbucket), and Linux
- Strong troubleshooting skills (finding and parsing logs, inspecting system and process status etc.)
- Familiarity with different Linux distributions
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience working with databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc)
- An interest in data science, AI and Machine Learning
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with test automation tools: Cypress/Selenium/Protractor/Mocha
- AWS expertise
- Experience with markup languages such as JSON and YAML
- Experience with Hadoop (Cloudera/Hortonworks)
- Technical writing experience
Why work with us:
- We are a company founded and managed by engineers
- We are automating data science: challenging but cool at the same time
- We are funded by top tier investors
- We have a great working environment that is warm and friendly, globally distributed, and focused on making a difference