PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build best in class applications and systems integration components. You will work with a team of advanced image processing researchers and pathologists to advance the state of the art in digital pathology.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build components to integrate with PathAI APIs and technology.
- Write functional specifications, unit tests, clean code and documentation.
- Work closely with researchers, ML engineers, UX designers and product managers.
- Translate complex user requirements into technical specifications and architecture
- Build robust large-scale applications and services, including integration to 3rd party APIs, services and databases.
- Experience in OS systems programming in Rust and/or C++.
What you’ll need:
- Experience: You have a track record of delivering high-quality, successful systems, with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Engineering Skills: You have built robust large-scale applications or services, requiring deep system OS integrations. You know your way around Linux systems programming, including concurrency, memory management, socket I/O and performance tuning.
- Education. Generally a bachelor’s degree in CS is helpful but feel free to convince us if you’re the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.