Software Engineer, Site Reliability
What You'll Do
- You will run and stabilize Kensho’s production services that support critical financial applications and backend processes.
- You will monitor, maintain and help scale services that are integrated into S&P’s platform.
- You will manage end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- You will add, tune and maintain alert configurations and documentation as needed.
- You will design and build advanced automated operational and deployment frameworks alongside tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- You will cultivate full-team participation in high quality, thoughtful software.
- You will coordinate and train production support team as needed.
- You will participate in on-call/production support.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Kubernetes, HAProxy, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kafka, Prometheus, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Postgres
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- You have 3+ years of experience
- You are fluent in any one of the modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, C++, etc.)
- You have strong experience with coding and debugging
- You demonstrate a practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Ideally, you also have DevOps experience and can demonstrate skills in any of the following:
- Automation for CI/CD pipeline using scripting (Groovy preferred)
- Kubernetes and strong networking fundamentals
- Engineering and supporting production services in a modern, containerized cloud environment
- Scalable testing, automation, continuous integration frameworks and best practices
How to Really Get Our Attention
- You have been a major technical contributor in a big project
- Your open source projects show innovation and initiative
- You have research, publications, and patents, if any
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events