Software Engineer, Security at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We’re looking for an energetic and collaborative software engineer with a security background. The Software Engineer, Security will work closely with the software development teams to design, assess, and remediate secure web applications, web services, and APIs. The ideal candidate is driven to find simple and sustainable solutions for security in SaaS applications.
- Help incorporate and improve security testing as part of CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of insecure code and remediations, and help incorporate this in the SDLC.
- Perform vulnerability assessments of web applications, web services, and APIs with SAST, DAST, and other tools, and help with remediation of findings.
- Work with development teams to help design functionality that are inherently secure.
- Research and understand best-practice secure coding approaches. Participate in code reviews and champion the best-practice secure coding approaches.
- Develop an understanding of the threat landscape and utilize this knowledge in tradeoff of security risk and product advancement.
- Help advance security within our tech stack of .NET backend and API layer with Angular and Node.js frontend, hosted in Azure Cloud.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you
- Strong track record in a relevant field. A Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience, or robust self-driven learning would all be suitable.
- Experience with some of the following: secure coding, authentication, authorization, cryptography, web application and web services security, API security, SAST and DAST.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as OWASP ASVS, OWASP WebApp Security Top 10, and OWASP API Security Top 10.
- Fastidious attention to detail–this is a job for someone who sweats the small stuff.
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.