Are you a software engineer with a keen interest in security? Are you looking to break the traditional mold and apply your engineering skills in an innovative and unique way? As our Security Automation Engineer you will help solve our complex security and compliance challenges. You will bring together disparate data sources, leveraging internal and third-party APIs and/or building custom integrations to greatly increase our company's security posture.
What you'll do:
- Design a robust and scalable security automation framework for storage, processing, and presentation of security KPIs.
- Work with automation engineers, security engineers, and security analysts to gather security automation requirements.
- Utilizing 3rd party APIs and/or custom data sources, develop solutions to address security automation requirements.
- Independent thinker that ensures the timely completion of projects with high quality.
What you'll bring:
- Strong “full stack” experience in open source, data-intensive, distributed environments.
- Demonstrated experience with of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others.
- Proficiency in AWS CLI and Linux.
- Deep understanding of mathematics and statistics fundamentals.
- Basic familiarity with foundational security principles.
- Fluency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Go).
- Ability to utilize third-party APIs to build applications.
- Ability to write structured and clean code.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals and groups.
- Experience in full project life cycle and application development desired
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.