Software Engineer - Scheduling
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Software Engineer role on the Scheduling Team.
You’ll code and test our software products. In addition to coding, you’ll understand requirements, figure out what to build, and then build it. You will work on both existing and new products.
- Your typical day will include attending Agile standups, writing lots of code, testing and integrating your code, and reviewing others’ code.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You’ll help estimate the amount of time and effort projects will take as part of the sprint cycle.
- You’ll apply Kyruus’ software engineering best practices, coding standards and patterns for development and deployment.
- You’ll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system. You’ll help solve outages, participate in retrospectives, and implement countermeasures to prevent similar issues from recurring.
- You’ll create tools and documentation for internal teams like Delivery to understand how our systems work and to enable them to onboard customers in a timely manner with minimal support from Engineering.
- You’ll report to the Senior Director, Engineering in the Routing & Scheduling department within the R&D - Engineering division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your entry level experience (1-4 years) and/or education in programming to:
- Help the Agile team execute on sprint deliverables
- Provide “due diligence” estimate work for the sprint cycle.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
You’ll use your critical thinking skills to:
- Escalate issues to your Agile team in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot issues and debug code to find the root cause of issues and develop countermeasures to address them.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly coded, easy-to-reason-about software with your proficiency in Python and ability to use Flask to build microservices.
- You complete your tasks reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You ask for help when you’re blocked and invest in learning from mentors as well seek training opportunities to improve your skills as a software engineer.
- You are assigned tasks of increasing level of complexity that you’re able to complete with growing confidence.
- You contribute to improving your team’s software development and deployment processes and are able to demonstrate a high degree of predictability and accountability in delivering your work.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Software Engineering role can move in a linear career path to a Senior Software Engineer or based on skills, performance, and results accomplished to Senior Software Engineer I position. From the Senior Software Engineer position, you can choose to develop along one of two tracks - individual contributor, as a Principal Software Engineer I, or management, as a Manager, Engineering.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.