Software Engineer, Overtone at Unity Technologies
Overtone is a new multi-platform chat application for gamers, leveraging Vivox’s industry-leading voice communication. As a Software Engineer on the core client products, you will work alongside software engineers, QA engineers and product managers to bring this platform to the next level - helping to cement it as a top-tier app in the space. This role is based in Boston.
Overtone is looking for someone with a passion for designing and building high performance software. You have an emphasis on building client solutions and developer tools to drive the future of the product.
- Work with architects and engineers to design solutions for Overtone clients on multiple platforms
- Build developer tools for rapid prototyping and development
- Implement and document solutions which will be used by the entire team
- Help improve the performance and stability of the client applications
- Find solutions both within and outside of Unity’s core product
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in technology and look for new solutions to existing problems
- Experience C# and Unity3D
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortability with constructive feedback and high expectations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute efficiently and effectively
- Have the ability to multitask and work well in a highly-independent environment
- Positive attitude, excited to take on new challenges
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with finesse in sustaining a rapid flow of innovation
- A team player, able to excel when working with others
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.