Software Engineer - IVR/Voice Technologies at Interactions
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Hyatt, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
The Software Developer - IVR/Voice Technologies will work with the research team to develop new products and features to combine our research and technologies in speech recognition, NLP and conversational dialog management into our products. As a Sr Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the design and implementation components and features of the Curo AI engine.
Essential Job Functions:
● Develop highly performing yet elegant solutions on the Curo AI stack to meet the demands of the business. This includes Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Voice Biometrics, and more.
● Writing code for new features and products, and creating test cases for your code.
● Responsible for feature delivery from its inception through to production.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
● 6+ years of relevant experience including hands-on coding in C, C++, and Python.
● Experience with systems programming; solid understanding of OS facilities, process management, virtual memory, etc.
● Proficiency in working with highly concurrent systems that leverage both multithreading and
● Solid understanding and experience with Software Engineering best practices.
● Enjoy coding and solving challenging technical problems.
● Exposure to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, with an initial focus on implementation and testing key features.
● Effectively communicate/collaborate with people inside and outside the Engineering team.
● Prior experience with IVR, voice technologies and/or protocols.
● Experience with statistical methods and/or machine learning (including frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch).
● Enjoy coding and solving challenging technical problems using computer science.
So, why work at Interactions? We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.